What we did:
1) Got a proclamation from the City of Phoenix Mayor in support of closing the wage gap with an official EQUAL PAY DAY.
2) Held a press conference for the above uplifting women’s voices about the Pay Gap’s impact on their lives with the stories of women representing a variety of races and ages.
3) Using cakes to symbolize a dollars, cut pieces representing the percentages of the dollar Women are left out in wages by race to educate and remind everyone about the pay gap.
4) Deliver a cake with Equal Pay Day cake to legislators.
5) Write letters to legislators with talking points about Equal Pay Day.
6) Wear RED to symbolize that until all women are earning equal wages for equal work they are in the red.